Saturday, June 02, 2007

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Decade - 1970s


Label - Columbia
Producer - Teo Macero

Country - US

Genre - Jazz




APharoah's Dance20:06
BBitches Brew27:00
C1Spanish Key17:34
C2John McLaughlin4:26
D1Miles Runs the Voodoo Down14:04
D2Sanctuary11:01


Miles Davis -
Bitches Brew (1970)

My last review of poor ol' Miles wasn't very nice. I didn't like Kind of Blue much at all. I was hoping to like this more, and I suppose I did.

I do like the first track - Pharaoh's Dance. It was ominous and scary and I could totally see where Thom Yorke got The National Anthem from.

But it went downhill from there, I was just bored with the other tracks. It's also very difficult to listen to 20 minute long tracks of noise when you aren't even a "background music" person.

Someday over the rainbow perhaps I'll find a Jazz album I like.

Score - 5/10 (bonus point for the great cover art)
Recommended - I have no idea...headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home